The Girgenti Palace, is also known as the Inquisitor’s Palace, as it was actually built by Inquisitor Onorto Visconti in 1625. 

The Palace enjoys beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and gardens, onsite there is also a chapel which is dedicated to San Carlo Borromeo, which was built in 1763. Between 1625 and 1798 Girgenti Palace was the summer residence of Malta’s Inquisitors, later on during the British period it was the summer residence of the Lietenant Governors, and after that it was used as a store for the Natinal Museum’s collection. After the war, it was refurbished (1988 – 1990) and then it became the residence of the Prime Ministers of Malta.

www.visitmalta.com/en/info/girgenti-palace